Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Over the River and through the Woods . . . .

This week I embark on a great adventure. Chiara wants to go visit Mimi and Papa since Ken can't go with her and she doesn't like to drive, I voluteered to be the driver. So on Thursday, we all pile into her van, Me, Daughter, 3 grandsons, ages 6, 4, and 4 months.

It should be a fun trip. It had been a while since I have made a trip with little kids. I used to travel with all 5 of my children every year. Mike would have to work, so I would take the kids and go visit my parents each summer. We always had a great time.

I remember packing each child individual backpacks with special toys just for the trip. I would put a cooler in the car with drinks and snacks to help also. We sang song a lot to help pass the time before they were old enough to read or play other car games.

Of course we listened to my music a lot. They all grew up knowing my favorite singers/groups. John Denver, Marty Robbins, Simon & Garfunkel, Neal Diamond are just a few of that we listened to on the trips.

So now Chiara and I are preparing for a another two day road trip with three little boys. The preprations are a bit different though. She had a DVD player in her van. Therefore in addition to new books, toys, snacks, drinks, and music, we have added DVD's for the kids to watch.

My how times have changed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are headed westbound on I40 and need a place to stop in Amarillo, let me know. Chiara has my cell phone number. :) Safe and happy travels to you!

Mother Goose said...

Give Mimi and Papa hugs from us!

B.O.I. said...

Have fun! I love road trips to see family.