Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quilt, Quilts, Quilts

This month the Quilt Guild on camp held a quilt show for its members and for the surrounding area guilds. I have been very busy the last couple of weeks getting the three above quilts ready for the show.

It was really fun. I have now finished three quilts for my grandchildren. Here are pictures of the quilts that I entered into the show. They were all entered in the category of Traditional Quilts, Large.

This one I have already posted about. I have decided to name this one Kingdom Star. The pattern is the Morning Star block.
Here is the second quilt that I entered. The pattern is Paperless Pineapple. It is a class that I took at the quilt guild. I don't have a name for it yet. Happy to entertain any suggestions.

Here is the third quilt I entered. The patter is Stack and Whack. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun to make. I am naming this one "Autumn Pinwheels". The lighting here doesn't show the colors very well. It really is a beautiful quit.

The best part about this quilt is I WON THE 2ND PLACE RIBBON in my category for this quilt. I was very surprised and happy. Yea, Me. I really didn't expect to get a ribbon.

7 comments:

Mrs. C. Yeates said...

Congrats! They are all so beautiful!

Nursemom said...

Wow Mom! That's great! I love that last quilt. It deserved to win a prize.

Cassie said...

Very cool. Your quilts are beautiful and I also have to say you look great in that pic with your quilt. Love the earings!

Mother Goose said...

Beautiful. Congratulations. And I love the earings too!

Jonnycool said...

Way to go Lady! I think you should call that middle quilt "Exploding Dandelions"

B.O.I. said...

Wow, you are so talented!

Laurie said...

Beautiful! I thought the kingdom quilt the prettiest ...but the stack-n-whack is a close runner. Make sure you write on the back of the ribbon what you got it for. I have one floating around and have no clue which quilt I won it with.