Monday, December 1, 2008

Guten Tag Feunde! More Travels



About a week after we returned from Phoenix we tood another trip, this time to Germany. Mike had a business trip in Wesseling and I went along for a mini vacation. We left Houston on Monday September 8th in the early evening. we had a direct flight to Frankfurt. As this was an over night flight we arrived in the morning of Tuesday. From there we had to take the train (ICE-intercity express)and then a taxi to get to our hotel.

The hotel was right on the Rhein River, and we had a room with a samll balcony overlooking the river. I spent most of the rest of that day watching the river traffic and catching up on my sleep.

On Wednesday, I ventured out to explore the town of Wesseling. I had a lot of fun wandering through the old town. I bought lunch and went to a park along the river. I spent about 2 hours just sitting there enjoying my lunch, reading a book and watching the river. That night one Mike's bosses took us out to dinner in Koln (Cologne) and to show me where the best places were to shop.

There was a lot of barge traffic on the river. I found it very interesting that a lot of the people actually live on their barges. They have a home in the back and even drive their cars onto the barge to use when they stop somewhere.

1 comment:

Cool Runnings said...

That looks very beautiful. I do miss being in Europe. Gald to hear you had fun.