Saturday, January 24, 2009

Deal Maker

Well, we received an offer on our house. It was $44,000 less than the asking price. Of course we countered and came down on the asking price by $9,000. Well the people scheduled a second showing of the home. They then increased their offer by $20,000. We then came down another $5,000. They immediately increased their offer another $5,000. We held firm at our last price.

Well today I got a call from the realtor. They were willing to take our price on two conditions. They wanted the referigerator included. That was no problem for me, I hate that fridge and we had planned to leave it anyway. They also wanted the artificial tree in the master bedroom.

Well That was interesting. It is a 7foot bamboo tree. Everyone laughed when we bought it to put in the room because it was so large. That was the thing the people wanted to make the deal. We quickly agreed and are now in the process of completing the necessary things to close the sale on the house.

Thanks for buying an over large tree for the bedroom. I thing that we really got a great return on our investment of the tree. We spend about $130 for the tree and the people were willing to pay about $30,000 more than their original offer to get the tree.

Not a bad deal maker.

3 comments:

finn freak said...

See now mother... I had to help dad haul that Huge very very HEAVY tree into the bedroom. I think i got a few cuts in the process... so lets talk compensation!!!

They brought the price up $30,000 on the basis that they get the fridge and the tree. So in other words that tree is worth $15,000 of that deal... seeing as how I did half the work to get that tree into the bedroom I believe that legally I have claim on 1/2 of the trees worth. That is $7500. YOu may send it in small bills or just deposit it into my account (dad knows the number)

the hamms said...

I'll give you 31,000 for the tree

Nursemom said...

that is a great deal but I was hoping it would take a little longer to sell the house. I wanted to visit a few more times before you left.